Friday, February 15, 2008

Arrested Development Movie?

I know, I know, you've heard it a million times, but once again there are murmurings that an Arrested Development feature film is in the works. Granted, these murmurings are coming from actors, specifically Jason Bateman and Will Arnett in interviews with MTV, and not from producers or writers. More from the AD team is always a nice little dream to dream, even if that's all it ever is, but would a full length movie really be all we might hope for? It seems it could be a tricky proposition. Generally, movies made as continuations of tv shows, like The XFiles or Serenity, are better than remakes of tv shows, like Bewitched or Mod Squad, but are still risky business. Will the rabid AD fans be satisfied with a two hour wrap up after more than three years of waiting? A big part of me thinks not. And just how will they wrap up in two hours a story that didn't seem only four episodes from its conclusion? Maybe I'm a worrywort but I feel like Horowitz and Co. might have the deck stacked against their favor. Nothing is set in stone, so I will try not to get my hopes too high (or low) in the meantime and keep my ears open for news. Really, I would just be overjoyed to see Will Arnett in something good for a change.

“He did get sold, didn’t he?” Arnett said, speculating that Franklin may have fallen victim to the show’s liquidation. “Did somebody sell him for real? That makes sense.”
“Well, I built the first one, so I’m going to have to build it again. That’s a little ‘Arrested Development’ piece of trivia,” Arnett revealed. “I made Franklin.”
Really? “No, that’s a lie,” he grinned. “How would I know how to do that?”

mel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the pictures on this blog loading?
I'm trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it's the
blog. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.


My blog; Mosaic Cultures