Friday, February 8, 2008

Lost Review 2/7/08

Photobucket
First off we are treated to a nice opening right off the back it reveals that they found the ship and that all the people on flight 815 were dead a 1-800 number is show which if you call so I've heard actually works :) (BTW the number is 1-888-548-0034) we start off with a new character played by Jeremy Davis who I remember from CQ but the rest of you will remember him from saving private ryan. He is emotionally connected it seems to the whole situation, either that or he's a sensitive guy.
Photobucket
So he joins a group to retrieve the survivors of flight 815 or so we are to believe, no flash forwards in this episode unless you count the flash backs of our new characters a flash forward. Now I got to be honest there are a couple things that bug me during shows, one is when a new character is introduced, two is when they kill off a great character established, and three is when they replace a actor to play the role of the previous actor. Now Lost has already done 2 of those things along the series, and funny it was during what a lot called the weakest of the seasons, well at least till they fixed it and brought back old writers. Now I know it makes me sound like a old fudy duty but I invest in a show and get used to things so sudden changes always affect me in that kinda way but
Photobucket
All these things could be averted if they choose great actors with great written characters, I wasn't bothered this week with the new added characters, they are all people I've seen in other movies or shows. Though the red head who has kinda been annoying me a little is a unknown, and so far she is coming off as the antagonist. Anyways great intro and I love the use of time management all their flash backs in one episode! A first for Lost and gets the show really going.
Photobucket
With only 3 short seasons left I can already tell that the show is moving in a way faster pace, and it works for it! The draw back is that its not that slow reveal we are all used to, but at least we get more things revealed faster. Did you all hear Locke ask what the smoke monster was!? Anyways our new team of "heros" consist of a archeologist, a shrink, a ghostbuster, and a pilot. They are all great the pilot is from grindhouse which is awesome that they choose him, another thing if I may go on a rant here. I love it when people think they got the survivors of 815 caught and they turn it around, its happened many times with the "others" and its like they've gotten used to it and they know what to do in those situations.
Photobucket
IMMORTAL!!! 
Now lets talk a little about the mythos going on this island I was watching some season 2, and I think we all know that everybody heals and a enormous rate or at least Locke does I mean after having his leg messed up during a incident with Ben, Locke is told that his leg wont heal for 4 weeks! Rose tells him candidly "we both know it wont take that long will we". So what does this make Locke a special being like Walt!? Time will only tell I guess.
Photobucket
In this season errrr episode everyone is treating darma like some sort of holy grail it just leaves the rest of us really confused, is there going to be like a shark skeleton on the beach with a darma necklace thats a big deal too!? Time will only tell.
Photobucket
More mysterious characters galore! It wasn't enough with mr. Hanso now this guy!? We know he works for Oceanic but is he just trying to protect his company from a huge lawsuit!? Or is he responsible for putting them on the island in the first place?
Photobucket
And finally Ben what have you been hiding from us I hated you already but now you're a big shot!? :) Well time will also tell what is the big deal with Ben and if it has to do with Jacob.
Thats all for now folks join me next week and till then go watch some Lost!

1 comment:

melroska said...

that guy in the second to last picture is on the wire.